Software Tester/ QA Engineer
R&D - Ingenico Vietnam Company Limited
About the Role:
Reporting to the Test Lead, the Software Tester is responsible for maximizing application quality and stability through the execution of software testing and implementation of change control processes, tools and environments. This position plays a key role in testing terminal software applications and their supporting components and developing test tools.
Interactions: Ingenico Australia personnel including Software Developers, QA Analyst, QA Manager, Project Managers.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Analyse and understand business requirement document, functional specification and solution document.
- Translate business logic and functional requirements into test cases using HP Quality Centre.
- Review and maintain test cases.
- Execute manual and automated test cases using software testing standards.
- Write clear and concise defect reports and monitor found defects in the issue tracking system.
- Document, update and maintain testing guide document.
- Contribute to improving QA process by identifying technology limitations and deficiencies in the associated procedures and methods.
- Work closely with the Software Developers to isolate and reproduce defects.
Skills and Competencies:
- At least 2 years testing experience
- Understanding of testing process and methodology
- Knowledge in developing and executing functional tests
- Experience in using HP Quality Centre
- Experience in testing EFTPOS and payment applications is a plus
- Experience with ISO 8583 messaging is a plus
- Tertiary qualifications in Computer Science or related field
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Good verbal and communication skills.
- Quick learner, highly organized and meticulous.
- Honest, with strong integrity, commitment and initiative.
- Work independently with a high degree of responsibility.
- Ability to work in a team.