Senior Software Developer
R&D - Ingenico Philippines Corp.
Ingenico is a global leader in the fintech market, with more than three decades of experience. Its footprint gives scale to projects and talents. Innovation is part of our DNA and our diverse community of experts keep anticipating the evolution of commerce worldwide. We are shaping the future of payment.
Our team comprises 8,000+ people spread around the globe representing 78 different nationalities. We are proud of the diversity and professionalism of our employees. Whether they work in technical or business support functions, they all contribute to our success as the global leader in seamless payment. We believe in making the company and people successful, together. To learn more about Ingenico visit: https://www.ingenico.com/
About the Role:
The software developer is responsible for designing, writing application code on the target platform within the allocated timeframes and meeting all relevant specifications.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Creates detailed documentation of the solution, design and test cases
- Writes and modifies financial applications written in C/C++
- Performs extensive testing of the software during development and integration with recorded results
- Is involved at all stages of project lifecycle
- Develop tools to assist in the development and testing of software with the aim of making it reproducible, automated and efficient.
- Provides support and troubleshoots problems occurring in production and QA
Skills and Competencies:
- Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Must have strong knowledge in Windows - C, C++, DLL development, POS application programming is a plus
- More than 5 years previous programming experience (embedded systems is an advantage)
- Knowledge of web based development tools/platforms/systems an advantage (e.g. LAMP, php, mysql and apache)
- Should have ability to unit test the written code and use appropriate guidelines/standards
- Should have good hold on standard coding practices/ guidelines and experience in Code Reviews
- Must have good exposure of the SDLC
- Should have good analysis or problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills and able to work on deadlines
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment