Software Quality Assurance Engineer
R&D - Ingenico Philippines Corp.
About the Role:
Reporting directly to our software team manager, this role is mainly responsible for testing and generating bug reports for software as well as verifying functionality, data content, performance, usability, and hardware/software compatibility.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Review and analyze requirements and specifications to provide timely and meaningful feedback and develop the function requirement specification.
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities.
- Troubleshoot, detect, report and track software defects.
- Participate card scheme certifications with client.
- Perform software testing include functional and non-functional, integration, regression and stress testing.
- Use methodical and repeatable processes to verify releases meet quality standards before implementation.
- Liaise with internal and external team to identify the problem and software enhancement.
- Collaborate with software developer to improve the quality of the deliverables and increase operations efficiency and scalability.
- Create comprehensive user guide and manuals and train users for smooth implementation.
- Maintain and document software release and functionality.
- Provide technical support to internal and external parties.
- Have risk and contingency planning.
- Supporting and maintaining all the system within company once it is up and running.
Skills and Competencies:
- Diploma or Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject.
- At least 5 years work experience in software testing.
- Experience in leading a QA team.
- Work experience in payment industry is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Experience in writing comprehensive test plans and test cases.
- Knowledge of SQL and scripting is a plus.
- Desire and ability to learn new skills and improve upon current skills.
- Highly self-motivated, goal oriented and self-directed.